Wednesday 21 January 2015

Trip to Venice X






Hello Everyone! So yesterday I arrived back home after spending an amazing weekend in Venice with my boyfriend Brad. I have wanted to go to Venice for years and I definitely was not disappointed! We stayed at the 'Metropole Hotel' which I would recommend to anyone as it was right on the Canal Grande and was just a few steps from San Marc's Square. We spent our first day thoroughly enjoying getting 'Lost' down alleyways and backstreets and taking a look at all the shops and tourist attractions Venice had to offer! Venice at night is a sight not to be missed- having candlelit dinners and glasses of wine whilst dining with the locals and walking down the promenade gazing at the views that were truly picturesque will make you fall in love with this remarkable city.

On the Second day, We took a trip to Murano by water bus to visit the famous glass blowing factory's. Brad bought me the most beautiful Murano glass cube earrings that change colour and we were 'blown' away by all the beautiful glassware and art that Venice had to offer. On the third day, We decided to head to San Marc's Square and take a look around the museum's and cathedrals. We visited Doge's Palace and the Museo Correr which I would also recommend for anyone who wants to visit and appreciate beautiful architecture and art however make sure you do wear comfortable shoes!

Venice is certainly a place that will now forever hold a place in my heart and I would absolutely love to go back- If I could I would move there in a heartbeat!

What a wonderful trip! Xx





2 comments:

  1. Your trip looks fab! I'd love to visit Venice x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Rebecca! It was beautiful... also very cold though at this time of the year. I would definatley recommend taking a trip you wont be let down.

    Can't wait to check out your blog x

    ReplyDelete