Wednesday 17 August 2016

Homemade Face mask Recipe





Hello Gorgeous!


I hope you are all having a lovely week so far! 
...And if you arent, then I have a recipe that might just brighten your day.. It will certainly brighten up your skin!

 I have had such a busy week and I must say I'm in need of a good pampering session!
(Yes don't we all Paige!)

What better way to start treating ourselves than with a facemask!  I have also recently noticed that my skin is more oily than usual and this breakfast themed mask works perfectly to reign in the excess moisture.

Caution:
 I wouldn't advise eating this mask....but if you do have a wee nibble...I won't judge!

Of course if you own mask treatments already at home then fab! But if not, why not use ingredients that are in our fridges and cupboards!



Homemade Breakfast Facemask

What you need:

1 bowl.
1 egg (egg whites)
1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 Cup of Oats
1 tablespoons of Honey 

Why is this mask good for my skin?

Homemade masks are great as they are 100% natural and you are in full control of what you are putting onto your skin.

Why should I use these ingredients?


Egg white helps to soothe and tighten the skin.

Olive Oil is great as it adds hydration to the skin, prevents free radical damage and it also contains anti-ageing properties.

Oatmeal has a multitude of benefits but this works wonders to soothe and calm and skin. It is also full of antioxidants.

And lastly, Honey is super moisturising. It is also an anti-inflammatory which is fantastic for people who suffer with acne.

Honey is also an anti-bacterial.

Sound Good? Lets Get to it!



What to do:


Add the egg white with olive oil and honey into a bowl and mix together. Then add half a cup of oats to the bowl and continue to stir the mixture.

Then, apply to the skin evenly and leave the mask on for 20 minutes.

Remove the mask with warm water and then follow up with your normal skincare routine.Ta da!

What do you enjoy about making masks? Whats your favourite skin recipe?


Let me know in the comments below! 


If you enjoyed this post then you will love my DIY sugar lip scrub! I have linked this post below:




Lots of Love 


Paige xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment