Wednesday 13 December 2017

#12Days Of Christmas: What I've Honestly Learnt From This Year



As the year comes to an end, I always like to take out some time to honestly reflect on the past 12 months. I find that it's rather therapeutic to just jot everything down on a piece of paper (or blog post I guess) to see what I have learnt from the past year's experiences. These are just a few of the things that have helped me to stay on track this 2017. 

Setting Regular Goals.


Actually, sweat the small stuff.......I have found this year that by working on small and regular goals rather than 'The End Result' has really helped me stay motivated and keeping my good old positive hat on. This for me has been so much more rewarding because every goal is possible to achieve and never seems out of reach. This can be really as easy as finally finishing those pesky to-do lists, actually getting your ass into to the gym this winter or even trying out a new recipe or finding a new hobby or talent. The options really are endless and you will find that you feel more productive without needing a stress ball to get you through. 

It's Okay Not To Be Okay 


No, I'm not about to start hitting out with a Jessie J classic....glad faces all round... This year has been particularly tough on the old heartstrings, but showing emotion is nothing that we should all be ashamed of and I certainly have been making a good job of not hiding it. If you fancy a good cry/ mini breakdown with a bottle of vino or two then, by all means, get it all out, have your Oscar award-winning moment and don't be afraid to share your emotional side.




Doing A Good Deed Every day

The most rewarding of all...
For the past wee while I have been actively trying to find ways to give back as much as possible. From simply reaching out to the elderly and making all of the cups of tea and coffee for all your work buddies to campaigning and donating to charity. I have started to take more interest in helping out local communities and have been lucky enough to work alongside some fantastic charities who have helped inspire me into becoming a better person.

"Devote yourself to your community around you & devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning." - Mitch Albom



 Letting Go Of Those Toxic Relationships

Over the past few months, I have really taken the time to reevaluate some of my relationships and noticed that I needed to start respecting myself enough to let go of those relationships that were getting me down or making me feel a little lacklustre.

If something ever feels odd or you feel as though holding onto that relationship becomes a bit of a chore.....let it go. Of course, I am not trying to say that you should drop people for no reason....because lets face it, it's a bit of a dickish move....but, if you are forever feeling drained by being in the company of that person, Give yourself the respect and the breathing space to move on.
Trust me, you will feel a whole lot better. 

Be A Hero For Your Five Year Old Self


When things get tough and you feel like giving up, Try using this thought to get yourself into trick your mind into thinking more positively....
I have recently been using this ideology to get me through those sticky situations when that sneaky self-doubt creeps in. Think of what you have already achieved so far and know that you are strong enough to combat anything......Be your own hero! (capes not included)


xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment