Friday 16 December 2016

Taking Time Out This December


Its festive season and lets face it, it can sometimes get a little overwhelming. From those fun fuelled parties to the stresses of christmas shopping, making family arrangements to sending cards to long lost relatives, It can all just get a bit much! Thats why I'm calling for everyone reading this to take a step back and have some me time. 

As we approach the new year, many of us look at January and plan new goals, new starts and new adventures, but in order to really know what we want from the new year I always find its a good idea to have a bit of a self cleanse. 

Whether thats a relaxing pamper evening snuggled up on the sofa, reading that new book everyones talking about, perhaps discovering a new found hobby or taking a wander round the park. 

For me personally, I love walking and find that it is a great way to clear my head.  Since adopting our dachshund puppy 'Minnie' earlier this year, she has helped my discover my love for the great outdoors... and I don't mean just walking down to the shops for bits and bobs...although every little bit helps :)

 On the weekends, I like to spend a some time at my nearest country park with my boyfriend Brad and our pup for an hour or so to get some fresh air an to unwind.  I find that this helps me reflect on the past week and have a clear mind for the week ahead! Theres something about this time of year which is just so beautiful and there's nothing better than wrapping up warm and taking a lazy stroll through the forest.







My Time Out Tips 


Take A Break From Technology


 Yes it is possible!
 When technology is everything, looking at emails, checking instagram pictures and seeing what Joe blogs down the road had for his dinner that evening....Go phone free. Its time to reconnect with our loved ones and look up. Spend time with the people that surround us. 


Take as much time as you need

If there was ever a time to milk it, its now! 
Find a time to fully relax without distraction and let your body fully rest up! My personal favourite is running a relaxing bubble bath with candles and all and shutting off from the world. 


Lets get meditating!

This may be seem hard for those who struggle to switch off but when it comes to meditating, it doesn't mean we have to spend an hour out of our day sitting completely still... Figure out a routine that works for you. I like to meditate mainly in the evenings. whether thats lying in bed listening to some relaxation music or whilst sitting on the sofa for 10 minutes closing my eyes and having some quiet time.  This has really helped me to deal with stress and the more you get used to meditating the easier it becomes!





Hat- New Look
Jacket - Vintage
Boots- Kurt Geiger  


How do you like to relax? Let me know in the comments below!


Lots of Love


Paige 

xxxxxxxxx



1 comment:

  1. Aw you look lovely! Sometimes it is nice to take some time out for yourself, and what better way than on a dog walk :)
    Merry Christmas!

    Katy Alicia x

    www.katiabyrne.com

    ReplyDelete