Monday 9 January 2017

Pacifica Mineral Shadow Palette Review




Hello Everyone! 


When it comes to makeup everyone seems to have gone a little palette mad! Over the years I have tried and tested many palettes in my collection but it never really crossed my mind to try out natural and mineral shadows until now. 

I was always very sceptical when it came to mineral makeup, I always thought it wouldn't be incredibly long lasting or would give me the pigment that I so craved but I wanted to put my skepticism behind me and was lucky enough to be sent the Pacifica 'Enlighten Eye Shadow Palette' from Naturally Better You

The first thing that drew me towards Pacifica as a brand was that all of there cosmetics are 100% natural, vegan friendly and cruelty free. I am so obsessed right now in using organic skincare so when I saw this I naturally gravitated toward their products.


(From left to right)

Skinny Dip: a light matte shade
Coral Sand:  peachy satin lid shade 
Golden:  A true gold shimmer shade
Urchin: A deep purple shade

To kick things off, can we just talk about this super cute packaging!
I love the little engraved quote inside 'you are so pretty'. Im not going to lie it did bring a smile to my face and it is the little details that I think a lot of people will appreciate when it comes to this palette.

`


Whilst swatching these shades I was impressed by the pigment especially with the shade 'Golden', the lightest shade 'Skinny Dip was practically transparent on my skin and I wouldn't say that it was a true matte shade as it did still have a slight shimmer but that didn't really bother me. As a whole, I would say that these shadows are very light and warm in tone and are very natural looking.

When applied onto the eyelids,  the shadows didn't feel drying on the lid as all shadows have been made with coconut water to give the shadows a creamy finish and helped the colours to blend seamlessly on the lid. However I would say that 'Urchin' did start to appear a little muddy after a while and if blended out too much the shadow did start to disappear.

These shades did actually last longer than expected! But I would say that I would highly recommend using an eye primer to help with the longeviety of the shadows as they won't last all day. However if your looking for an everyday natural palette then give this one a go.

 I think this would also be great palette for those starting out with makeup or for someone who enjoys want that natural effortless look as these shades aren't too overpowering and will give a natural sheen to the eye.

So my verdict...
These mineral shadows were surprisingly really nice. They felt very comfortable on my skin and did blend well and I would use the lighter shades for an everyday simple look or to add a bit of highlight to any other look. They aren't incredibly long lasting, but are perfect for an easy, on the go shadow of colour. 



Where can I find this?

This Pacifica Palette is available now at Naturally Better You.

If you fancy checking out more products from naturally better you then scroll down to check out my review on the Soley Icelandic Foaming Cleanser.

Lots of Love

Paige
xxxxxxx



1 comment: