Monday 16 January 2017

Train Yourself Happy and Healthy





Hello Lovely!



As we make our way through January, Many of us want to start the new year by getting back in shape... New year, new me and all that jazz...

 Every year I say to myself I want to get in the best shape that I've ever been in..... so what went wrong haha!. Well to begin with, I tend to start off pretty well....I feel motivated, energetic and raring to go, but to be honest after a few days.... I get bored.

Training as a professional dancer, I was always super fit but when I decided to take a break two years ago, I lost my motivation, my six pack and my get up and go.  I didn't realise however what affect that would have on me mentally. Not only did I feel like Mr Blobby 24/7, but I felt down a lot and as someone who struggles with anxiety, I put my feelings down to being anxious. Never did it cross my mind that I was feeling down because I wasn't working out!

Yes the magazines may tell you its time to get fit to get thinner this month... But Ladies and gents, I am starting a new resolution...

 'Lets Get Happy Fit!'


Over the years, I have tried many diets, the extreme workout videos, the dreaded shakes and eating 500 calories a day just so I could look in the mirror and feel like I fitted in!
 Okay so yes I did loose weight,  but I felt sooo miserable and after a couple of months,  I was back to eating rubbish and felt like all that work was for nothing and it wasn't healthy.

Now I'm on a journey to work out, not to necessary loose weight (although I mean that would be great) but I am working out to feel happier and more healthy. Exercise is such an amazing way to keep ourselves in check as it sends happy chemicals to the brain and releases endorphins which instantly makes us feel more energised.

In just two weeks, I have been exercising almost everyday.... not major amounts, but around a 10 minute workout everyday just to give me a boost that my body craves! To start off with, I wasn't sure how long I would last before I got bored, but I couldn't believe the transformation that I felt. After five days, I had so much more energy and I have noticed that I am less stressed and more importantly I feel a lot happier.  For once I am not focusing on the weight I need to lose,  but focusing on what my body needs. No more crazy fad diets and slimming shakes, just taking the time to exercise to feel good!



One great tip that I would say to you if you fancy jump on the happy train with me is to discover something you enjoy! Find something fun, so it never seems like a chore!

 For me, I love dance workouts as there is nothing better than prancing around the room to your favourite tunes and shaking your toosh and it never feels like I'm under pressure!

I have also recently discovered a passion for yoga. Yoga has helped me to take some time out of my day and focus on my inner strength and learning to let go of everyday stresses. My favourite yoga workout at the minute is the 30 day Revolution with yoga with adriene. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone who fancies giving yoga a try!

'A happy mind is a healthy mind, and a healthy mind is good for the body' 

Dalai Lama 



Look Good, Feel Good!


Now we are ready to workout, Its time for new workout gear! 

When it comes to choosing your sportswear , Its super important that you feel comfortable in everything you wear so we can carry on feeling fabulous!. I recently came across Daisy & Co London and I was kindly sent a couple of their pieces to try out!

My favourite piece being this daisy print sports bra.  This is honestly so comfortable! When it comes to buying a sports bra it is essential that you get a perfect fit.  From past experience, I find that sports bras either look trendy but have no support or on the other hand it is super comfy but looks like something your nan would wear. This sports bra, I can honestly say fits like a glove! I ordered a small and I am a size 8-10 not only does it look fabulous, I am super confident that I am fully supported during my workouts and I won't have any dodgy malfunctions....no one wants that!. This bra also included removable pads which adds to the comfort factor.

 I am also crushing on this print! It's so cute and its great to have a bold piece in your workout wardrobe to help brighten up your day and the cross back detail is just gorgeous.....five stars from me! Happy Paige!

It is also important to have a classic black piece that will go with everything and this black vest is perfect! It isn't too tight, its breathable, quick drying and the top won't ride up! I find this is a problem with other vests that I have tried, as soon as I start working out my tummy is out on show. In addition, I also really like the keyhole back as it adds a bit of interest to any look and with the cross back sports bra, I think it looks super cool!




If you fancy checking out some of their other cute pieces, you can find Daisy & Co London here and also via:

Facebook: @daisyandcolondon
Twitter: @DaisyAndCoLondon
Instagram: @daisyandcolondon


Stay Happy and Healthy, Stay Golden!


Paige 


xxxxxxxxxx


Disclaimer:

 These pieces have been sent by the brand for me to review for free. All of the views and opinions are 100& honest and my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment