Thursday 22 September 2016

Review: Pure Chimp Matcha Tea And DIY Face Mask






Hello Everyone!


In today's post, I will be giving my review on a Matcha green tea which was sent for me to review from the lovely team at Pure Chimp. Before receiving this product, I was a total matcha virgin and had no idea what to expect. Over the years, I have used green tea's -  my favourite being peppermint, but I wanted to know why we should be using matcha in particular and what benefits does it really have.


After testing out this product and also after some research, I cant believe I haven't tried this sooner!  Green Tea has been around for ages, however matcha tea is becoming increasingly popular and now I know why!

Benefits of Matcha

Boosts Metabolism
Lowers Cholestrol and blood sugar
Naturally detoxifies body
Increases energy levels- YAY!
Full of antioxidants

Matcha green tea has been said to have 137 times more antioxidants than a regular green tea.

This super tea by Pure Chimp also is 100% natural and is also vegan friendly!


On first impressions, I enjoyed using a powder tea as I was control in how much product I could use and I also like that I can use this product for other things. In addition, it is also very easy to make, just add a teaspoon of powder, add water and a dash of honey and you are good to go! It can be enjoyed hot or cold but personally I prefer it hot! I always add honey into my cup of matcha- I try not to use it all the time, but without it I find it tastes a little bitter. 

Since using this tea, I have noticed an increase in my energy levels during the day and It has also opened my eyes to using more natural ingredients in everyday life.  

Matcha powder can also be used in smoothies, baking and foods. You can find some exciting recipes with matcha in the link below!



As you may know, I am all about multi purpose products and Matcha is now being released as a main ingredient in skincare. Why not try matcha tea in its purest form as a face mask which you can try out at home! 


Why is this mask good for my skin?


A matcha green tea mask is great for the skin as it helps combat rosacea and reduces inflammation and also brightens the skin. In addition, matcha also helps to protect us from free radical damage and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

Matcha Tea Face Mask

1 teaspoon of matcha powder
a drop of water
Coconut oil or honey

Mix together and apply onto face.
Leave for 15-20 minutes and rinse off.

Caution: After removing this product, it did leave a green stain on my face!
If this happens to you, Don't panic! after a couple of rinses it will fade.  I would recommend that you apply this at night. If after rinsing you still are rocking a green face then apply a homemade sugar scrub to remove. 


Where can I find this and how much is this product?



Matcha Green tea powder: £11.95

You can also find Pure Chimp at:

Google:+PureChimp 
Instagram: @purechimp
Twitter: @PureChimp

Lots of Love

Paige xxx



Disclaimer: This product was sent to me for free to review by the company. All opinions are my own and are 100% honest.


2 comments:

  1. Never heard of anything like this! Will definitely be looking out for it though!

    Isobel x

    Latest post: https://goo.gl/LyVOMk
    Latest Video: https://goo.gl/h1wuqJ
    Insta: https://goo.gl/WGxKx2
    Bloglovin: https://goo.gl/EG8OQW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Isobel

      I'd hadn't either until now! So interesting!

      Paige x

      Delete